11.09.2010

morning of & getting ready.


I woke up bright and early the morning of my wedding. It seemed strange that I was finally getting married that day. very strange, actually. The house was awfully quiet, not to mention everyone was entirely calm, something I was not expecting at all, but was grateful for nonetheless.
Before I knew it, I was getting my hair and makeup ready. All of this was done before the photographer arrived, which again was kinda strange because this meant we were way ahead of schedule (can you believe it?). After hair and makeup was complete the butterflies in my tummy began setting in big time.

My photographer made sure to snap a few pictures of the dress before I had to put it on. 


My wedding dress happened to be the first dress I tried on when dress shopping. I made up my mind about the dress in less than an hour and quickly placed an order. This was followed by five months of regret and anxiety as I waited for it to arrive from Spain. Not having taken any actual photos of myself in the dress, I was reminded of its supposed beauty only by an awful picture I found online. I was beginning to hate my dress.

When it finally did arrive in February, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I actually liked it, no loved it. It was the same intricate beauty I fell in love with the first time I had tried it on. such a relief, I tell ya!

When it came time for me to put my dress on the morning of my wedding, it was surreal. This was the only time I'd ever wear a dress as extravagant as this.


After getting into my wedding attire, me and the bridesmaids realized we hadn't even had breakfast. The butterflies in my tummy were so wild that I didn't feel a bit hungry. I did manage to have some breakfast after all, knowing that I probably won't get my hands on any food once the celebration really begins.

And quite possibly the most ridiculous picture of the day is me digging through my wedding binder. I'm not sure what quite for, but it does not surprise me one bit that I would be doing this literally moments before seeing my soon-to-be husband.


up tomorrow: the first look.

6 comments:

  1. I am getting wild butterflies just thinking about my big day from reading this. I have 11 bridesmaids and 11 groomsmen to think about too...eek. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha inessa you're crazy! that's a whopping 24 people in your bridal party. I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!!
    I did not realize how beautiful your dress is
    the details are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wedding binder blew me away! I think I had a couple papers lying around here and there that were wedding related... nothing close to your collection. What did you store in that monster of a binder?!

    I love hearing how you felt through all the little things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks miss olya! it was the heaviest dress imaginable with all the beading! but I loved it!

    Julia - I kept everything (pictures, receipts etc). actually this was my second wedding binder. the first binder went out the window halfway through the planning when we changed everything up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I bought the same dress for my June wedding next year. I am thinking about different coverage options since I am not too crazy about a strapless dress. I saw in your reception pictures that you attached some kind of tulle(?) to your dress to get a higher neckline. How did you do this and what fabric did you use? Thank you for your help.

    ReplyDelete