11.11.2010

the reception.

To be completely honest, my reception felt like it flew by far too quickly. I just wanted to sit back and savor every moment, but there were so many things going on at once, so many people to see and spend time with. I felt so rushed! by the time we got around to saying hello to everyone, it was already time for speeches! 
 
here are some of my favorite shots throughout the reception.


See how lovingly my sister looks at me!


I don't know how our photographer managed to capture this, but he did.


I have to say, the only thing I was disappointed about thinking back on my wedding is that I did not have a slice from every layer of my cake. My remedy? go back to Papa Haydn every once in a while to have a slice of the cakes I missed out on. It helps somewhat.

so that's that. all the months of planning and stressing and the wedding was over in a blink of an eye. just like that. fortunately during that planning time, we were able to sit down and plan our marriage beyond the beautiful flowers and "i do's". 

in retrospect, who cares if you had the prettiest wedding or the craftiest wedding?  no one cares really, not even you. If your marriage is beautiful, if everything is beautiful after your bouquet dies and the last slice of frozen wedding cake is thrown out, then that's what really matters.


10 comments:

  1. so true!! it all comes and goes so fast, what's really important is your marriage! your wedding was so beautiful. I loved reading the recaps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty and I love your dress! Nice touches with all the tea lights and flower adorned chairs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! What a gorgeous wedding you had.. and your were such a stunning bride. :)

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to thank you for sharing this. I loved hearing about the day.

    I didn't eat any dessert at my wedding either, I didn't even see the dessert table before it was destroyed. Major bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you rent your groom's outfits from? (suits) I am in search of something similar for my wedding this summer..

    ReplyDelete
  6. We got ours at Banana Republic and I just checked to see if they have anything similar and it looks like they do!

    ReplyDelete