2.17.2011

thrifty thursday.

I'm thrifting far too much these days and so I want to share all the great things I find around town.

First up - mini glass canisters

I've always loved the glass canisters that Pottery Barn carries, but I could never in my thrifty life justify purchasing a few for my bathroom counters. I always thought I'd find something cheaper elsewhere. A few weeks ago, while hunting down some brass candlesticks at my local Goodwill, I came across a couple filthy glass canisters. I didn't even think twice before snatching them up. I brought those babies home, gave them a nice soapy bath and now they are sitting pretty next to my makeup brushes.

At $1.99 each, I think I did a pretty swell job.



12 comments:

  1. nice finds! 1.99?! Awesome. I think my mom has that exact little one in her bathroom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a score, i was happy to actually find a few goods ones at a thrift store in Houston too. I really do love thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i should totally try thrifting! When we first came to US, all our Ukrainian relatives were afraid to admit that they go to thrift stores,it was a sort of taboo thing

    ReplyDelete
  4. my husband hates that I'm constantly bringing things home, but every blue moon I'll get a hi-five for my finds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that your floral wallpaper? Gah, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. actually, alla, those are my fancy tea napkins. I just used them as a backdrop. I don't think my husband would know how to appreciate floral wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hah, oh that's a shame. Gee whiz, boys need to learn to appreciate floral patterns.
    p.s.
    I'm wondering if frivolous fridays ever ensue thrifty thursdays ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. bahaha. frivolous friday. that's so good. and yes actually I'm about to go purchase a new fancy shmancy dress. you've figured me out way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yours are way cuter than pottery barn's (better shape). awesome find and equally as awesome tea napkins :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks kayla! I really do need to put those tea napkins to better use!

    ReplyDelete
  11. how lovely! doesn't the thrill of thrifting/discovering make your $1.99 finds SO MUCH MORE valuable? :)

    ReplyDelete