10.24.2011

PAINT

We started looking for paint for our apartment months ago but couldn't find anything we loved so we kinda gave up on painting altogether. It wasn't until we visited Manor Fine Wares for the hundredth time, that I found what I had been looking for. I noticed that the built in cabinetry at the shop was painted in the prettiest blue/gray/green-ish color I'd ever seen. Miraculously, they even sold the paint right there in the store. I bought a sample, brought it home and created this:


This is what my dining area has looked like for the last few weeks. The paint is from Farrow and Ball and at $85 gallon, I needed some serious convincing. Actually I was sold after this post-modern art on my wall was dry. The quality of this stuff is beyond what I expected. The color is so rich and dreamy. Here's a sample of Blue Gray I pulled from their website:
 

We have yet to paint into the kitchen, but I'll share photos once that's done. I think I'll be using this color in every place I live in from now on, that's how much I love it. Next I need to coordinate the walls of the adjacent living room to this but can't seem to narrow my focus on one color. Any ideas?

10 comments:

  1. ooh I like it! New paint colors are so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color! It is hard to suggest a complimentary color to one this fantastic...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this color! Can't wait to see the final product :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that color too! Very calming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVEEE THIS COLOR. I have been looking for a color for an accent wall in my bedroom. This will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am as picky as you! The problem is that I create a color in my head and then cannot find it to exist! I should shop BEFORE I think. But that will never happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love restoration hardware paint! my room is done silver sage! here are some pretty pallets .... :) http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/category/products.jsp?categoryId=cat1017001

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love the colors offered by Farrow and Ball. I've heard many people say that after trying Farrow and Ball paint they never go back to any other brand. Can't wait to see pics of your place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this - my first thought also was that it is very calming... :)

    ps. some bloggy love http://lovelillyuk.blogspot.com/2011/10/7-and-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! How fun would color pops be against it?!

    ReplyDelete