10.03.2011

THAT TIME I FELL IN LOVE WITH SEATTLE

  

I have been to Seattle a handful of times over the years and I've always found it to be just okay. I never had a terrible experience or anything, I just never found that city or it's surrounding areas particularly charming. At the end of August, my husband and I took a trip up north for work and to see our dear friends. We spent the sweltering Saturday walking around town looking for something cold to drink. We were, quite literally, drenched in sweat. I have never taken a trip and returned with so few photographs. It was way too hot. After doing some more sight seeing, my friends surprised me with a visit to a cupcake shop for my birthday. Luckily we got there just in time for happy hour. Yay!

 
 
 
 When it finally cooled off, we took a scenic walk through the Queen Anne neighborhood. It was magical. I started to feel like me and Seattle had some serious chemistry going on.
I woke up the next morning at 3:30 to head out for a photo shoot. I loved spending time with some of my favorite ladies and making beautiful things together. Here are some behind the scenes photos from the shoot compliments of miss Eleanor.
 
 
 
  
  

On the drive home all I could talk about was how much I loved Seattle. Maybe it was because my Seattle-savvy friends showed me around town and I wasn't in a fog as to where I was and where I was going. Maybe it was the aaamazing food I got to enjoy or the great people watching. Regardless, all I know is that I love Seattle.

14 comments:

  1. aw so fun! I hope I have an experience with Seattle like this at some point! I've had glimpses but nothing like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seattle is AWESOME!
    There's so many cool things to do and places to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it took you so long to fall in love with Seattle! Let me take you out next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tell me about it Julia! I couldn't understand what all the hype was about until this time around. You are my new tour guide for the city when I'm in town.

    ReplyDelete
  5. never been to seattle but would love to go!
    the photo of the bouquets make me happy:)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same way about Seattle! I went a few years ago and absolutely loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun trip! I love the cupcakes photos and the kerry park night photo is just dreamy! :)

    Seattle is so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This evokes a desire in me to go visit Seattle for myself! I live so close, and yet..I've never even experienced it. Outrageous. :o

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love Queen Anne too! its such a pretty neighborhood :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love, looooove Seattle! I wish I could take more trips there. I'm glad you finally fell in love with the city!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These photographs invite me to Seattle. I love all of your photography- it's blessed in beauty.

    hugs (^.^) hope to hear from you *
    amyflyingakite.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never really been that impressed by Seattle either, although your photos make me want to take a little trip north to reconsider. Those cupcakes look sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And now I really want to go to Seattle. Also, it should be stated that whatever blush/bronzer you utilize is uh-may-zing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i just took a trip to seattle two weeks ago and fell in love, too! it was sunny, not raining, so we got to spend a lot of time outside.

    ReplyDelete