6.04.2012

BABY SHOWER


Since I'll be welcoming the first baby girl into our family at the end of this week (via my older brother and his wife) I thought I'd share a few festivities surrounding the joyous occasion. I had the honor of hosting a baby shower with my older sister for our soon-to-be-niece a few weekends back. We  planned for something laid back, colorful, and feminine. I've never been a huge big fan of baby shower decor, but this was fun. We had so many fresh flowers that the house smelled of lilacs for days and days. The incredible Julia Manchik was on hand to capture all the lovely details.


Along with all the precious gifts, we also asked the guests to write a letter to baby girl. Each guest pulled a number out of a jar that represented an age. We then got to write her a letter full of wisdom, humor and encouragement for that year of her life. My sister-in-law will keep the letters in a baby book and present them to my niece at each birthday. I picked the number 5, so my niece will read the letter I wrote to her at her baby shower for her fifth birthday. Pretty sweet, huh?


Tomorrow I'll post some of my favorite shots from the maternity shoot that happened right after the shower. That Julia sure knows how to take some pretty pictures!

13 comments:

  1. That letter idea is so sweet. And I just love the purple and coral garlands! Is it just twisted crepe paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is twisted crepe paper! It's so simple and easy. I think I saw the tutorial on the Oh Happy Day blog a little bit ago.

      Delete
  2. between your blog, instagram, and twitter I'm pretty sure I'm your biggest fan, Kae! This baby shower is so sweet - and it's girly without being "too too". I'm just getting to the age where my friends have started having babies - I went to my first shower ever last month - so I'm book marking this for future inspiration! (we actually did the letters at that shower too, and it was such a sweet activity)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam! Stop! you're too sweet! We're definitely in the same boat. My friends are now having babies and it is completely bizarre (but totally fun, of course!). This was my second shower of all time.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous photos! Love the streamers hanging from the lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fabulous job! I was admiring the crepe paper chandelier the entire afternoon. Thank you for the kind words. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lady! I loooved how you captured everything.

      Delete
  5. So pretty and colorful. Looking forward to seeing the maternity photos as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a PRECIOUS baby shower idea! That is so, so sweet. It'll mean so much to her to read love letters that were written before she was even born! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heart wanted to exploded holding all the letters. I sure hope she'll grow into the sentimental type over the years.

      Delete
  7. OMG this is irresistible ... absolutely stunning i love love love it ! xx

    ReplyDelete