8.12.2012

ROAD TRIPPIN'


The hubs and I will be taking off on a short road trip to Boise, Idaho at the end of this week. We'll be there to see one of my dear friends from high-school marry the love of her life. Hooray! My second favorite part of the trip will likely be visiting all the places I grew up around. I always tell my husband stories about my rowdy adolescence and I'm sure it'll be great for him to connect those stories to physical places. Another plus is that I'll be crossing off an item on my summer to-do list. Finally. I haven't been on a road trip in years and that probably has a lot to do with the fact that I have a great disdain for slow travel (a flight between here and Boise is just over and hour while the drive is 7 hours). I've mentioned in the past that I'm a pretty terrible travel companion so we will have to see if I've grown out of this stage or not. For the sake of my husband's sanity, let's hope so. 


8 comments:

  1. Have fun! And, do keep us updated ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh it sounds like such a fun time:) I love visiting old places. Makes the heart feel at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly right! I haven't been back in years so I'm extra excited.

      Delete
  3. Rowdy adolescence in Idaho? Sounds like some fun stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bahaha. yes. I've got some great stories from those days.

      Delete