10.09.2012

ENGAGEMENT PARTY

A few weeks ago my sister got engaged. ENGAGED. My absolute favorite thing about an engagement is all the festivities that surround the couple. Parties here, parties there. It's really just a big celebration right up to the finale, the wedding. The first celebration was hosted at my brother's place in the woods last weekend. We strung up cafe lights in the gazebo, picked blackberries for the crumb cake, and collected bay leaf branches for the floral arrangements. It really was a great way to kick off the next eight months of parties. 

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful party! I got engaged a few months ago and I have to agree with you - the celebrating is pretty awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, congrats! I'm really looking forward to all the bridal showers.

      Delete
  2. you are always throwing/hosting/planning the best parties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is true. I always need to find something to celebrate.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous! Congrats to you and your family! Can't wait to see more photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the lights, they are gorgeous! engagements are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! They're such a simple decor element but they make such a tremendous difference.

      Delete
  5. So beautiful. What a lucky sister to have you there along for the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how exciting!! beautiful pictures & editing!!

    ReplyDelete