11.27.2012

THANKSGIVING DINNER

This thanksgiving was by far one of my favorites that I can remember.  My sister, my husband, and I cooked the whole meal, dessert included, and decorated.  We decided to give my mom a break from all the holiday stress since my parents were leaving on their vacation early the next morning.  Everything from preparing the menu to setting the table was my favorite.  Here's the invitation I emailed the family a week before Thanksgiving.
For centerpieces, my sister and I went on a walk and collected whatever plant life we could and arranged them a couple hours before the guests arrived. The old brass candleholders were from a past wedding and the driftwood I've been collecting from the beach where my husband proposed. 


We served the most incredible thyme and paprika turkey and parmesan garlic mashed potatoes and my sisters cranberry and fig sauce was superb.  I'm drooling just thinking about all the goodies again.  I really hope your Thanksgiving was just as delicious as mine was.

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful table setting! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous tablescape, so pretty and perfect for Thanksgiving--and fresh, with the green instead of always brown and orange! That's a big table, too--I'm super impressed you guys fed so many people! I am intimidated by entertaining a big crowd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have been super intimidated if I had to cook alone, but thankfully I had help (not to mention all of the guests were immediate family, so I had no fear of anyone judging the chive and brie biscuits!).

      Delete
  3. so pretty! hope you had a great thanksgiving.
    btw, love the new layout and picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe, thank you danica! I keep trying to find a layout that I like, but it's tricky business!

      Delete
  4. Great blog! This is the first time I've seen it on the Portland Blogger feed! Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet at one of the upcoming events! Your pictures are very well done :) It looks like you had a simply gorgeous Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bee! Yes, I hope we run into each other at an upcoming event!

      Delete
  5. This is a very beautifully dressed table!

    ReplyDelete