12.26.2012

CHRISTMAS PARTY


This last Saturday we had our annual Christmas shindig. Usually we try to pack as many holiday activities into one night and we tend to be rather successful at it. This year we had mandatory holiday sweaters (many of which were homemade), cookie decorating, a gingerbread house competition, an un-talent show (think stand up comedy routine and juggling), a white elephant gift exchange (where my husband brought a framed photo of himself), and we ended the night watching It's a Wonderful Life. It was a great way to kick off a long holiday weekend.

10 comments:

  1. "my husband brought a framed photo of himself"

    Wow, best white elephant idea I've ever heard of! Your party looks wonderful. I want to eat those gingerbread houses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha, yes my husband tends to be a genius!

      Delete
  2. Kae -

    The sweater making is top notch!

    My family's traditions are usually so low key... presents, stockings, food (often too much) and usually a movie at the theater. This year we attempted to do a game night on Christmas Eve but then got so excited about presents for each other, we ended up opening them up early. Although you may have this shindig with friends (and family) it would be so fun to incorporate some or all of these festivities with my family. Let's see if they buy into it next year!

    Dani // Andbubblegum.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always so fun to start new traditions! Hopefully your family feels adventurous next year!

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of cramming as many Christmas activities in one day as possible. Why not? I need to try that next year, and I won't have things looming over my head that I HAVE to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore all your Christmas jumpers, just brilliant!

    Harri
    at-rubik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad I found your blog! the photography is just beautiful!

    love, Brittan

    ReplyDelete