1.23.2013

JOY THIGPEN WORKSHOP AT SERENBE

Since Joy Thigpen had started putting together her workshops, I had promised myself that I would find my way to one sooner or later (preferably sooner). She was a huge influence in my decisions to pursue styling work, so it only made sense. When I got a message in my inbox saying Joy would be having one in Georgia at the beginning of January, I wasted no time in signing up. 

I can't even begin to explain how awesomely magical it was. If you don't know who Joy Thigpen is, you should immediately google her and take a look at her work. Being able to sit in a room full of like-minded individuals, listening to Joy talk about her journey as a stylist and her philosophy on aesthetics was incredible. It was made even more magical by the beautiful venue Joy chose. I have even considered permanently moving to Serenbe on multiple occasions throughout the last few weeks (especially after looking through my photos over and over).


Part of the workshop also included a "how to make & shoot flowers" section, which I loved. Watching Joy effortlessly create one of the most beautiful arrangements I've ever seen was pretty fantastic. She's unbelievably talented. 


We also got a chance to do some arranging of our own.


As much as I loved the workshop and didn't want it to end, I also couldn't wait to get home and start implementing every last bit of what I had learned. It was definitely the best thing I could have done for myself as a creative and as an owner of a styling company. I'll be keeping you all in the loop as I start rebranding and refocusing my company in the next couple months. 

23 comments:

  1. Wow this looks like it was a great workshop. Your photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was fantastic. I feel like I want to go to the same workshop again!

      Delete
  2. I have to agree with Melinda, beautiful pictures, looks like it was a beautiful and brisk day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous photos! sounds like an amazing experience, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great experience! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Oooh, beautiful! That does sound like an amazing workshop, can't believe you trekked all the way to Georgia! She is definitely awesome. Your photos are always so beautiful, so I'm sure you'll do a lot of great stuff with what you learned, in addition to your already great styling skillz!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! I loved Georgia so much. I almost moved over there (ha, not really)!

      Delete
  5. I love it when workshops inspire creativity like that. I'm always bummed out when I go to something to learn new things and end up not getting much out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, A lot of people were telling me about workshops they went to that didn't turn out so fantastic. I think it helped to read reviews from past attendees. Thankfully they only praised the workshop and I didn't hesitate.

      Delete
  6. So good to see these photos after hearing all about it! I'm so glad that you were inspired so much. I think it also takes the right person to go to a workshop and benefit from it. If you go and expect to get all the tricks and creativity without putting in any effort, it's not going to happen. You already had immense talent and energy and desire to create, you just needed a little push in the right direction. I'm so proud of you and can't wait to see what comes next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe, I'm glad you get to be a big part of the next chapter! :)

      Delete
  7. Kae, you're awesome. I'm so thrilled you got the opportunity to go. I'm sure God has wonderful things in store for you!

    Love,

    Alla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lady Kae! I love these images from the "awesomely magical" workshop you attended :) Awesome, indeed! Thanks for sharing. Cheering for you and looking forward to catching up soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we MUST catch up as soon as possible! :)

      Delete
  9. Many peoples want to earn money on internet without any investment but there is many online jobs which have many investments. Now you can earn without any investment with Just clicking and Earn daily upto 10 Dollars.
    Join this Best opportunity to make money online without any investment or Charges.
    HotProClicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Want any Super Car Information with Pictures...??? Here is Super Latest cars and vehicles, Latest Mazda Models, Racing Cars, International Sport Cars, Concept Cars, PS-Pod, Strange Vehicles, Nissan, Royce Corniche, Ford Concept Cars, Strange Vehicles, Mercedes and More Sport Cars and Vehicles with Pictures and Info
    WorldLatestVehicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Classified Sites, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and Much More Fun Only on 1 Current Affairs Network
    hotcurrentaffairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Online Jobs of Data Entry, Copy Pasting, Add Posting, Clicking, Web Surfing, Website Visiting, Article Sharing, Data Sharing, Google Business Plans, Investment Plans, Genuine earnings from home.
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Genuines Works of Data Entry, Copy Pasting, Add Posting, Clicking, Web Surfing, Website Visiting, Article Sharing, Data Sharing, Google Business Plan and Much More Business Plans
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete